Friday, September 3, 2010

Week of Aug 30th - Sept. 3rd

It has been a very busy two weeks. After my grandmother passed away, we went out of town for the funeral. I decided to take a week's worth of school and spread it out over 2 weeks because I didn't want to be stressed missing days because of the funeral, and I knew I was headed back out of town the very next weekend.

We traveled to Tennessee to stay with my nephew while my sister and brother-in-law went away for their anniversary. I also stayed a couple of days and helped my mother. She had to go in the hospital less than a week after the funeral. She was in several days, but it getting better.

As far as school work goes, the filing system has been a huge help during all this. I just pulled out week 4's folders and was ready to go.

Hannah finished LU's in LA and Math. She read "Stink Alley" in literature. She is still working on a writing assignment over this weekend. She couldn't do her science while we were out of town because we didn't have internet access much at all. She is enjoying reading in the Hakim U.S. history series. I like having the discussions so well laid out for me. She is continuing to work in "The Fallacy Detective". She missed her outside class, so will have to make up work to do there.

David also finished LU's in LA and Math. He read about Billy Sunday in reading and is doing well with the comprehension practice. We started science last week with our neighbor, using REAL Science Odyssey Life science. We went out to a local park to do a plot study and studied cells by looking at an egg. In Bible he is currently working through Abraham's life. We haven't done as much history as I would like the last week, but he did learn about Jamestown and Plymouth. I hope to cover some more of it over the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for your loss. Sounds like things have been very hectic for you - I hope things settle down into normalcy soon. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I marvel at how life seems to just go on around us when something like a death happens in our life. Makes you just want to stop time for awhile! Sounds like your filing system was a big help and good for you for adjusting your work load. Not worth stressing out over school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I got here from WTM. I'm sorry for your loss and your mother's illness. It sounds like being well prepared was a huge help. Oh, and my kids use CLE too.

    ReplyDelete