Monday, October 12, 2009

Workboxes Work!












Here's how we do our workboxes. The kids each have an open top hanging file folder. In the hanging files, are regular file folders for each subject. The subjects to be completed vary day to day. Each folder has a paper clip attached to hold their card for that subject. When a subject is completed, the card gets put back on the grid. When the grid is full, the school day is over. Our family loves Star Wars, so I went on google images and found Clone Wars clip art that I used to make their assignment cards.

In the boxes, I put library books, worksheets, games to play, textbooks (when they fit), dvd's to watch, etc. I have shoe boxes on my shelf they get to choose from when they get an index card saying to do so. I have "Math Madness" math games, "Game Galore" other games (vocabulary, generic boards), and PE Power with cards for different PE options.

I think they have really helped me the most. They help me be ready for the next day. They help me think to add in something fun. I'm so glad I found out about them. I hope to someday have room to actually do the boxes. That would be awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I am thinking of boxing with my 4th grader, but did not want another cart like I use with my 1st grader..I love this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete